The Affordable Care Act Healthcare Marketplace
Good, comprehensive health care coverage for all Americans is a right, not just for a privileged few. The Affordable Care Act provides a new “Patient’s Bill of Rights” that gives Americans the stability and flexibility they need to make informed choices about health coverage for individuals and their loved ones.
Navigating this new health care reform system can be a bit confusing. But the knowledgeable, professional staff here at the McDaniel Hazley Group is here to help….AT NO CHARGE TO YOU.
As a minority owned business with a passion for serving the insurance needs of big and small businesses, individuals, and underserved populations in the Kansas City metro area, we have over 50 years of experience, and have established solid relationships with the industry’s leading carriers. This wealth of experience and outreach allows us to guide you in choosing the best available health care coverage options, as well as other products and services that are national in scope but local in convenience.
- How to get started
- Getting started on providing for you and your loved ones through the Healthcare Marketplace is easy. You will need the following information for every member of your household who needs coverage*:
- Social Security Number (or document number for legal immigrants)
- The policy number and costs of any employer-sponsored or other health care coverage you may have for your household
- Employer and income information
- The annual cost of any current prescriptions
Having this information on-hand will help us better serve your needs and answer any questions you may have about coverage.
* Please note that most people must have health coverage in 2014 or pay a penalty (on their 2015 income taxes). Although Open Enrollment ended March 31, 2014, you can still buy a Healthcare Marketplace health plan if you qualify for a special enrollment period, and/or other coverage options. Additionally, you can apply for Medicaid and CHIP (The Children’s Health Insurance Program which provides free or low-cost health coverage for more than 7 million children up to age 19) anytime. Open Enrollment for 2015 coverage starts November 15, 2014.
- Healthcare Marketplace Plan Options
Those enrolling in the Healthcare Marketplace have 4 different plan options: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. According to the Affordable Care Act guidelines, the following essential health benefits must be covered in each of these plans:
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (such as surgery)
- Maternity and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services
Some plans may offer additional coverage.
Although each plan covers the same essential health benefits, the percentage of premium, co-pay and coinsurance costs covered by the plans will vary. You may also be eligible for premium tax credits that can greatly lower these health insurance costs.
Let our knowledgeable and experienced staff help you choose which plan will best suit the needs and budget of you and your family.
- Subsidy calculator – See if you qualify for lower-cost insurance
- Yes. I want a quote.
- What happens if I don’t buy health insurance?
- In 2014, the Affordable Care Act requires individuals to have health insurance coverage (known as minimum essential coverage) or pay a penalty, unless they qualify for an exemption. Our at-a-glance chart below summarizes how the penalty is applied.
THE McDANIEL HAZLEY GROUP : MAKING THE RIGHT
At MHG we’ve got all the right connections to offer your business an assorted portfolio of group benefits. With a combined experience of over 50 years we’ve established solid relationships with the industry’s leading carriers, so you get the same options, the same treatment, whether your business is big or small. You’ll get the best package available of benefits options including health plans, dental and vision care, life insurance, disability and long-term care coverage and other products and services.
Providing Employee benefit solutions your company needs for a healthier bottom line
At MHG every client is our priority. We provide the personalized attention needed to find the right plans for your business. We understand each company is unique and has special requirements specific to their industry. We know that benefits are one of your significant investments, so we invest our time and energy to provide the personalized attention needed to find the right plans for your business and your employees. MHG is committed to helping you achieve your business goals and needs. The difference between our agency and others lie within our experience, diversity, service, and commitment to provide the employee benefit solutions your organization needs for a healthier bottom line. MHG works directly with each employer group to provide competitive benefit options that offer the best possible value for the investment in employee benefits. We represent diverse employer groups and tailor our service to fit each employer groups unique financial and benefit needs.